Pages

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

DAY 22 - HANG SESH W/ BEST BUDZ WOW WHAT A GREAT ONE!

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SHOW TONIGHT?

DUGAN: Maybe the most fun show of the month. Running Fury consisted of myself, Griff, Adam Levine, Sean Price, Damian White, and Joey Romaine. Out the gate we were a little slow and reserved, but the show picked up almost immediately. It was short also. I can't imagine that the show was more than twelve minutes long. We were playing so hard that I think we would have gotten real tired if it had gone much longer though. Everything was kept (for the most part) within the same world, which satisfied me, and there were hilarious bits to spare, which satisfied Griff.

GRIFF: Another wonderful Hang Sesh. This was the best Hang Sesh so far. All the sets were super short because the Playground was going to explode after 11:20 so we had to get in and out in a little over an hour. everyone played fast and hard, especially in our group. Adam Levin committed harder than I’ve ever seen him commit, Damian White was immediately present and natural in every scene, Joey Romaine was a frantic sweetheart, James played like the master he is, and I just had a blast. Also, Sean Price almost didn’t fuck even one thing up!

WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT GRIFF/JAMES?

DUGAN: I think that I'm really starting to rub off on him. I'm sure it will destroy him in the long run. After the show, we both agreed that this was definitely one of the most fun shows that we've had this month. Then the question was posed, was it our BEST show? We both said no, but then Griff said "Why not? What set this one apart?" Then he analyzed the show based on the relationships and connections that we used. He might have just been doing it for my benefit since I've been hitting that stuff hard lately, but I feel like at the beginning of the month he was more concerned with the number of laughs he got in a show. And we still have over a week to go, WHO KNOWS WHERE HE'LL END UP?

GRIFF: Loves tha bits.  Jams committed hard to a scene in which Sean and Adam were sexually harassing each other, which led to James getting sexually assaulted while still playing his game of “guy who can’t believe anything that’s happening”. I’ve seen this raw joke…game play/just goofing side of Jams poke through his cold shell a few times and I really wish it would happen more because it is great. (I think he gets it from me?) He usually approaches a scene with a level head and it is fun to see him be completely unreasonable and ridiculous.

HOW DO YOU FEEL / WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT IMPROV?

DUGAN: When we went onstage, I thought that we had between 20-25 minutes, but in reality we didn't even get to 15. I did a scene up top, and then got in on a group game, but I was on the sidelines the last couple minutes. As soon as the lights went out, my thought was "If I'd known that we only had that much time, I would have gotten in on that last scene". But the more I thought about that, the more wrong it seemed. The scene didn't need me, I certainly didn't feel compelled to enter it, everyone was doing great without me. I'm glad that I didn't know that the lights were coming soon, because I would have forced my way onstage for all the wrong (selfish) reasons.

GRIFF: Best friends is the best way to go. 8th Grade Girlfriend had an amazing set as did Professor Wings. Both were very carefree and impulsive. No one was calculating or worrying about the next move, which I see in Harold shows a lot and while that can be impressive, it isn’t as delightful to me as when I see someone surprise themselves.  This month (and this show in particular) makes me wish independent teams were taken more seriously by the larger comedy theaters. There is amazing stuff happening here that just needs someone behind it. And an audience. We really need an audience.

HOW MANY HAIRCUTS DO YOU THINK YOU'VE HAD IN YOUR LIFE?

DUGAN: Something, something, Sean Price blah blah.

GRIFF: Pubic hair cuts? Thousands. I'm Griffin Wenzler, saying good night to all those sexy children out there.

DUGAN: I only go by my last name and I don’t give a shit about consistency in the formatting of the text of this blog.

GRIFF: That’s for sure.

DUGAN: Also, I only get one haircut a year, you know, like a homeless guy, so I’d have to say twenty-six.

GRIFF: I keep a pretty regular hygiene regimen, so about fifty or so.

No comments:

Post a Comment