Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

DAY 19 - BYOT

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SHOW TONIGHT?


GRIFF: Real dumb fun! I love BYOT! We played with my new friend Derrick. Everyone was on board with the rageaholic bluegrass band “Blood Diamond Mine”.


JAMES: Good. Got up there, had a good time, wasn’t ashamed of what I did even if it was crazy. There was one helluva missed edit in there that set us back a ways, but other than that, a perfectly fine BYOT show.


WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT GRIFF / JAMES?


GRIFF: The bluegrass thing was a bit James did. It was hilarious and I think one of the first times I’ve seen him just out and out go for a joke. Or at least the only example I can think of. He’s a funny dude and it was fun seeing him just be that. He’s devotee of the craft. A true savant. A master, a lover, a slave, and a brother.


JAMES: The suggestion was “Diamond Mine”. I initiated by making us members of a band called “Diamond Mine”. Griff heightened it by saying that he wanted to rename us “Blood Diamond Mine”. If that’s not friendship, I don’t know what is.

HOW DO YOU FEEL / WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT IMPROV?


GRIFF: Nothing. Just tried to get as emotional as possible and see what happened. That seems to be the way to go. Doesn’t need to be yelling though.


JAMES: When there’s already someone asleep on the table in the front row, don’t worry too much about subtelty.


HOW MANY PUSHUPS CAN JAMES DO?


GRIFF: Not enough.

JAMES: Enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment