Pages

Sunday, October 13, 2013

DAY 12 - iO - BYOT: DATING DELL’AMICO

HOW DO YOU FEEL ABOUT THE SHOW TONIGHT?

DUGAN: BYOT is an amazing show, and I hope it runs forever. It’s a wonderful opportunity for anyone to get onstage and do ABSOLUTELY ANYTHING. I’m serious. At one point, Collin Dahlgren was onstage inhaling helium and reading random phrases that people had written down. And people were watching him do it. And clapping for him. You can do anything. So, it was fun to play with Sarah Dell’Amico, whom I had never played with before, and to do her signature form “Dating Dell’Amico”. The concept is that we get a random number from the audience, and then we improvise that number date. So Griffin and I were on our 7th date with Sarah. Make sense? Everyone on board?! Good. THe show devolved into physical bits pretty quickly, but I have no regrets.

GRIFF: BYOT is the worst and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. That said, everyone there is great and I had a blast. You should check it out if you haven’t yet. We did the stupidest set we've done in awhile with Sarah Dell’Amico who is a weirdo and makes big choices onstage that are easy to play with. James and I went pretty hard with some goofy physical stuff and regardless of the laughs in the room I had fun. I got to slap him and that was worth it. If anything would love to have done it harder.

WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT GRIFF/JAMES?

DUGAN: Griffin is obsessed with sleep. Like, that was all he could talk about at our 1am show. He just kept being like “I’m tired, Let’s do this so I can go to bed.” I think he has mono.

GRIFF: After focusing on longer scenes it felt good to just play jokes with James. I really want to mix more of the silly who gives a hoot attitude in with the longer grounded scene work. It feels more and more like we’re getting on the same page with that kind of stuff. Hope he wrote something similar.

HOW DO YOU FEEL/ WHAT DID YOU LEARN ABOUT IMPROV?

DUGAN: BYOT is a very unique show. You almost HAVE to have a gimmick to get people to pay attention. It’s such a noisy environment, and people are tired, so it’s a great place to try out any off the wall or absurd forms that you’ve got rolling around your skull. It’s great that one of the major improv theaters in the city offers a safe place like that. I don’t think I really answered the question, but whatever, who are you to judge me?

GRIFF: You have to do shows where you don't and can’t care about the outcome. Let them get weird and if you tank at least you tank hard. No idea if tonight tanked ‘cause I don't even care. It was fun. Fuck you.

WOULD YOU RATHER BE FEARED OR LOVED?

DUGAN: I’m already feared, and I love it.

GRIFF: That’s like asking if I’d rather be Hitler or Michael Jordan. I’d rather be Michael Hitler Jordan.

No comments:

Post a Comment